Plan Your Personalized Learning Experience at APhA2015!
APhA2015 education sessions are designed to connect you to new innovations and knowledge you can use immediately in your career, your profession, and your patient care. Choose from over 70 learning opportunities to increase your value and make big strides in your professional development—earning up to 20 hours of CPE credits in the process. You’ll also find a range of practical courses: knowledge-based and application-based activities and certificate training programs. Download the Education Brochure today!
Maximize your educational experience using the APhA Interactive Planning Tool. This interactive tool allows you to:
- Identify your purpose for wanting to participate in an activity
- Create a customized plan to meet your continuing pharmacy education (CPE) needs
- Select activities that will help you improve your patient care
- Assess your experience and the impact from participating in a given activity
- Plan how you will implement the new knowledge and skills you've acquired
Using the tool is easy:
- Type your information directly into the form and then print it.
- Use your 'tab' key to advance each field; text entered into the form can be saved.
- Or, print the blank form and write your information directly on it.
APhA2015 education sessions are categorized into specific tracks designed to represent the practice area or general pharmacy content area.
- Advanced Training Programs: Distinguish yourself and advance your career by participating in one of APhA's certificate training programs, residency training programs, or our Ambulatory Care Review and Recertification program (pre-registration required).
- Access to Care: Information about federal programs, such as 340B, and the latest actions that impact practices serving the nation's underserved, uninsured, and underinsured patients.
- Clinical Patient Care and Services: Updates on the management of a variety of disorders, conditions, and therapies, and the services that support them.
- Educating the Educators: Tools, best practices, and practical skills for our pharmacy educators.
- Health-System Pharmacy: Clinical and administrative topics of particular interest to those in hospital, long-term care, and other clinic settings.
- Integrating Science into Practice: The science that shapes the pharmacy profession.
- Nuclear Pharmacy: Updates on products, practices, and policies within the area of nuclear pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Law and Regulations: Laws, rules, regulations, and court cases affecting pharmacists and pharmacy practice.
- Pharmacy Management and Professional Leadership: Topics to help manage the pharmacy, lead the team, and develop as an individual.
To help you more efficiently plan your time, education sessions are categorized into three levels of expertise:
- Level 1: Baseline knowledge of the subject area is required. The information presented will be a primer on the topic and appropriate for a wide range of pharmacists.
- Level 2: Experience with the topic is recommended, but advanced expertise or specialty practice in the subject area is not necessary. These educational offerings will focus on expanding the learner’s knowledge and application of the new and/or more complex information.
- Level 3: Substantial knowledge and/or specialty experience with the subject area will be necessary to achieve a full understanding of the information presented. These educational offerings will focus on expanding current expertise.
We're empowering you to grow in your practice and your career by offering three distinct CPE activity types:
- Knowledge-based activities are designed to enhance or add to pharmacists' or technicians' knowledge of a topic; mostly didactic sessions.
- Application-based activities provide pharmacists and technicians with opportunities to apply their knowledge, usually through case studies or other application activities.
- Practice-based activities are longer, more comprehensive activities of at least 15 hours that incorporate knowledge, skills, and performance. These activities are also known as certificate training programs.